What is Oxford CoHousing?
Oxford CoHousing is a group of people who wish to build and live in an intentional community. We hope to build a community of mixed dwellings and tenures, of between 20-40 units, for any age or stage of life, with shared facilities to encourage neighbourliness and mutual support (What is CoHousing).
The group was founded 10 years ago and consists of a core group – which is responsible for the day to day running of the organisation, and members and associate members.
We are a member of the UK Cohousing Network.
We want …
- at least 20 and up to 40 private homes of varying sizes, costs and tenure
- communal facilities which might include meeting, eating and work space
- homes to meet the needs of an intergenerational group and designed to Lifetime Homes standard and high spec eco dwelling
- facilities for gardens, allotments and working from home
- inclusive, mutual support, friendship and cooperation
- respect for the environment
- open and transparent communication and decision making
- sharing our time, space and facilities cooperation